The Best Mini Dog Bones for Puppies & Small Breeds
Do you have a new puppy or a small breed dog? If so, it's essential to make sure you give them a dog chew toy they'll love that's also healthy and safe. In this article, we'll share the best five-star mini dog bones for puppies and small breeds.
Not only do we have simple, clean, and natural dog bones that you and your pup are sure to love, but we'll also answer a few important questions about chew toys.
You might also be interested in reading: The Best All-Natural Marrow Bones for Puppies
Is it ok to give puppies bones?
Yes, giving puppies bones is okay once they have adult teeth. That said, you usually have to wait until your puppy is at least 6 months old before giving it a bone.
Giving your puppy a bone before its adult teeth come in could damage its teeth. And because puppy teeth are sharp, there's a risk of them breaking bones, which could cause blockage.
Tip: If you're not sure if your puppy has its full set of adult teeth, consult your vet.
Why does dog bone size matter?
With puppies and small breeds, you don't have to worry as much about bone size. The primary reason bone size matters is because if a bone is too small, it can be a choking hazard.
However, mini dog bones are best for small k9s because it's easier and more fun to chew. Below, we'll share the best small-sized bones that are made especially for little dogs.
What bones are best for small dogs?
Once your puppy is 6-8 months old and has its adult teeth, it's essential to choose natural bones that are healthy, safe, and delicious. K9 Connoisseur dog bones are best for small dogs.
All K9 Connoisseur's small dog bones are made especially for puppies and small breeds. These bones are also single-ingredient, made from grass-fed cattle. So, they're nutritious, and they taste great!
K9 Connoisseur Mini Dog Bones
Before we take a look at our favorite small dog bones, let's check out why dogs and pet owners love these chew treats.
- Single-ingredient: They're made with one ingredient: free-range, grass-fed cattle born and raised in the United States. That means no long list of ingredients that aren't good for your pup that can cause an upset stomach or other health issues.
- Guilt-free: They're all low in fat and calories, making for a healthy snack.
- All-natural: They aren't made with any unnecessary or unhealthy ingredients like processed grains, cheap fillers, preservatives, or other additives.
- Durable: Their durability makes them safe and long-lasting, even for the most active chewers. Note: Although these are durable, they aren't so hard that they'll damage your dog's teeth.
- Protein-rich: They have high protein and keep dogs strong and lean.
- Nutritious: Because K9 Connoisseur bones are made from cattle, they're filled with collagen, the body's most abundant protein. Collagen is very nutritional as it helps support digestive and joint health and boosts skin and coat.
- Versatile: They're great for beating boredom, easing separation anxiety, and training.
- Individually wrapped: All K9 Connoisseur bones are individually wrapped and have a shelf life of up to 2 years.
The Best Mini Dog Bones
Each of these bones is single-ingredient, nutritious, and mouth-watering. Best of all, there are various quantity options to fit your needs! Try out just a few bones, or save by purchasing in bulk.
Fun fact: Dog's naturally clean their teeth when they gnaw on dog bones. Chewing prevents plaque and tartar buildup to improve dental health.
Dynamo Bone Chew Treats
The Dynamo Bone Chew Treats are durable and ideal for active chewers. They have real beef marrow inside, and when your pup's eaten it all, you can stuff it with another tasty treat like peanut butter. Tip: Make these last longer by refrigerating between chewing sessions.
- Purchase Dynamo Bone Chew Treats (3-count) here!
- Purchase Dynamo Bone Chew Treats (6-count) here!
- Purchase Dynamo Bone Chew Treats (12-count) here!
Beef Knee Caps
These mini dog bones aren't your standard dog bone and are perfect for changing things up. K9 Connoisseur's Beef Knee Caps have the ideal shape and size for small dogs. These are fantastic hickory smoked beef treats that your pup will surely drool over!
- Purchase Beef Knee Caps (3-count) here!
- Purchase Beef Knee Caps (10-count) here!
- Purchase Beef Knee Caps (30-count) here!
The K9 Delights are slice chew treats filled with marrow. Once the marrow's all gone, fill these dog treats with another tasty stuffing. Dogs love these, so it's a great thing they're long-lasting! They're also an excellent boredom-buster for puppies who need to be entertained.
Meaty Marrow-Filled Riblets
The Meaty Marrow-Filled Riblets are an excellent tasty treat for puppies and small breeds up to 15 pounds. These are perfectly meaty, and dogs love their beef flavor. Pet owners say these are the best teething bones!
- Purchase Meaty Marrow-Filled Riblets (5 count pack of 1) here!
- Purchase Meaty Marrow-Filled Riblets (5 count pack of 3) here!
Mini Dog Bones: Final Thoughts
We hope you've found the perfect dog bone for your puppy or small-breed dog. These K9 Connoisseur bones are a fan favorite for dogs and their owners. They're safe, healthy, and flavorful. What's not to love?!