No Rawhide Dog Bones: Healthy & Safe Alternatives to Rawhide
Rawhide bones are popular and have been a favorite dog treat for a long time. But is rawhide good for dogs? And what are some healthy and delicious no-rawhide bones? We'll answer those questions below! In this article, we'll share what pet owners should know about rawhide bones and our favorite rawhide-free chews.
You might also be interested in reading: The Best Natural Dog Bones (With FAQ)
Are rawhide bones safe for dogs?
No. The most significant issue with rawhide treats and bones is that they aren't easily digestible. When dogs are chewing rawhide and pieces break off, they can't digest it. Because rawhide isn't digestible, it can pose a choking hazard or get lodged in the digestive tract.
Most vets and the Humane Society recommend against giving dogs rawhide, even though many pets find that it tastes good. Some well-known pet stores like Petco have even stopped selling rawhide.
What are no rawhide dog bones?
No rawhide dog bones are simply that – they don't contain rawhide. Although rawhide isn't a great option for dogs, there are other bones that are safe, healthy, and delicious that your pet is sure to love!
The best no-rawhide dog bones are those that are truly all-natural, meaning they don't contain any genetically modified ingredients, preservatives, or artificial flavors. All-natural dog bones, bully sticks, and beef trachea are all good for dogs.
While bones can be labeled as "natural," they may still have these added ingredients, so be sure to check the labels. The fewer ingredients, the better. Single-ingredient treats and chews made from grass-fed animals are best, like the ones we'll share below!
Healthy & Safe Non-Rawhide Dog Bones
If you're looking for rawhide alternatives that are healthy and safe and that your pup will definitely drool over, check out bones by K9 Connoisseur.
These are our favorite non-rawhide bones:
We'll share more details and where you can find these below.
- Marrow-Filled Doggie Delight Slice Chew (for small dogs up to 15 pounds)
- Meaty Rib Marrow-Filled Bone (for dogs up to 50 pounds)
- Meaty Mammoth Marrow-Filled Jumbone (for large dogs over 50 pounds)
- Natural Marrow-Filled Dynamo Bone (for any small and medium dog under 50 pounds)
- Long-Lasting Meaty Beef Knee Cap Bone (for dogs up to 50 pounds)
- Meaty Mammoth Marrow-Filled Champ Bone (for large dogs over 50 pounds)
Marrow-Filled Doggie Delight Slice Chew
for small dogs up to 15 pounds
If you're on the hunt for a flavorful, healthy chew for your small dog or puppy, the Delight Slice Chew is it! Any pup loves gnawing on these deliciously small chews that are stuffed with beef marrow. When the marrow is gone, you can stuff these chews with another filling like peanut butter or blended fruit and yogurt.
Purchase your Marrow-Filled Doggie Delight Slice Chews here!
Meaty Rib Marrow-Filled Bone
for dogs up to 50 pounds
Are you looking for an all-natural, long-lasting bone that tastes great? If so, this meaty rib marrow-filled bone is an excellent option! It's perfect for any dog up to 50 pounds and will keep them busy for a long time.
Purchase your Meaty Rib Marrow-Filled Bones here!
Meaty Mammoth Marrow-Filled Jumbone
for large dogs over 50 pounds
K9 Connoisseur's Jumbone is exactly that – jumbo! It's easily one of the most delicious no-rawhide dog bones, and its size is perfect for large dogs. No need to worry about this one being too small and a choking hazard. It's also long-lasting, healthy, and full of flavor, everything a dog loves!
Purchase your Meaty Mammoth Marrow-Filled Jumbone here!
Natural Marrow-Filled Dynamo Bone
for any small and medium dog under 50 pounds
This Marrow-Filled Dynamo Bone is the perfect chew for all dogs, including aggressive chewers. Your pup is sure to love the beefy marrow, and you can refill the bone with another tasty treat like peanut butter when the marrow is all gone.
Purchase your Natural Marrow-Filled Dynamo Bones here!
Long-Lasting Meaty Beef Knee Cap Bone
for dogs up to 50 pounds
Change things up from the standard dog bone with this flavorful, meaty beef knee cap bone. Your dog can stay busy with this long-lasting chew for a while, and you can use it over a period of time by freezing it in between chew sessions.
Purchase your Long-Lasting Meaty Beef Knee Cap Bones here!
Meaty Mammoth Marrow-Filled Champ Bone
for large dogs over 50 pounds
Another favorite K9 Connoisseur large dog bone is the Champ Bone. Like the others, it's delicious, healthy, and durable. It's also filled with natural marrow that dogs love! When the marrow's all gone, you can stuff the Champ Bone with another treat.
Purchase your Meaty Mammoth Marrow-Filled Champ Bones here!
Why Dogs & Their Owners Love These No Rawhide Dog Bones
K9 Connoisseur dog bones and treats are nutritious and delicious! Here's why dogs and dog owners love these rawhide-free bones by K9 Connoisseur.
- They're single-ingredient, made from free-range, grass-fed cattle.
- Their natural beef flavor is delicious!
- They're locally sourced and made in the US.
- They don't contain preservatives, artificial flavors, or any other additives.
- They're low in fat and high in protein, making for a guilt-free treat.
- Chewing these natural dog bones improves dental health by removing plaque and tartar buildup.
- They offer nutritional value with iron, vitamin B, and collagen.
- Their durability makes them safe and long-lasting, even for aggressive chewers.
- They're odor-free, so you can cuddle up with your pup while they chew their bone.
- They have a shelf-life of up to 2 years for guaranteed freshness.
No Rawhide Dog Bones: Conclusion
We hope you've found the perfect rawhide alternative for your dog! All K9 Connoisseur dog bones and treats are healthy, safe, and flavorful. They're a great chew for any dog.
Again, here's a quick overview of these amazing rawhide-free dog bones:
- Marrow-Filled Doggie Delight Slice Chews (small dogs)
- Meaty Rib Marrow-Filled Bones (small & medium dogs)
- Meaty Mammoth Marrow-Filled Jumbone (large dogs)
- Natural Marrow-Filled Dynamo Bones (small & medium dogs)
- Long-Lasting Meaty Beef Knee Cap Bones (small & medium dogs)
- Meaty Mammoth Marrow-Filled Champ Bones (large dogs)