The Best Large Dog Bones in 2022
Does your large fur baby love to chew bones? Dog bones are not only tasty, but they relieve boredom and stress. Below, we'll share the best large dog bones in 2022 and other helpful information about choosing the right bone for your dog.
With so many bones on the market, deciding which one to buy can be challenging. Not to mention, you want the best of the best for your pup. That's why we only share bones with pet owners that we give our own dogs. They're healthy, delicious, and completely safe.
Keep reading for our favorite bones for large dogs!
Related read: The Best Natural Dog Bones (With FAQ)
Why Bone Size Matters
If you have a large dog, it's important to pick an appropriate size bone. Bone size really does matter because if it's too small, it becomes a potential choking hazard.
The rule of thumb is to go with a bone that's big enough that it can't fit into your dog's mouth entirely. Not to mention, the larger the bone, the longer your pup can enjoy it!
Want to learn more about choosing the best large dog bones? Check out this article!
What are good bones for large dogs?
We love K9 Connoisseur's bones for large dogs best! That's because they're healthy, all-natural, durable, and flavorful. As we mentioned, the best bones for large dogs are those that can't fit entirely in the mouth, and K9 Connoisseur has bones made perfectly for bigger breeds.
Below, we'll share 6 of our favorite large dog bones. They're all from K9 Connoisseur, a dog bone brand specializing in single-ingredient, healthy treats.
Here's why K9 Connoisseur's bones are a fan favorite for dogs and their owners:
- They're made with only one ingredient: free-range, grass-fed beef born and raised in the US. No preservatives, processed grains, cheap fillers, or other additives.
- They're low-calorie and high in protein to keep your dog strong and lean.
- They don't have a bad odor like many other large dog bones, which pet parents especially appreciate!
- They're really all-natural, meaning they have no genetically modified ingredients.
- Their density and thickness make them long-lasting and durable, perfect for aggressive chewers. With that said, they're not so hard that they can cause damage to your pup's teeth or gums. They're completely safe!
- They can be a treat for training, to ease separation anxiety, or to beat boredom.
- They're individually wrapped and have a shelf life of up to 2 years for guaranteed freshness.
Keep reading for our favorite K9 Connoisseur bones for large dogs!
Marrow Filled Dog Crown Knuckle Bones (3-count)
Dogs love these hickory smoked beef bones. They're great for large dogs and medium breeds, too, if you want to share them!
Meaty Mammoth Marrow Filled Knuckle Bones (3-count)
These long-lasting knuckle bones are perfect for large dogs at all stages of life – puppy to seniors.
Meaty Mammoth Marrow Filled Champ Bones (3-count)
These healthy, flavorful champ bones are large, perfect for gnawing over a long time period. They're best for extra large dogs, more than 50 pounds. Best of all, they have a delicious beef flavor!
Meaty Mammoth Marrow Filled Champ Bones (10-count)
These are the same beefy large dog bones but come with 10 champ bones. This is a great value, and they're ideal for pet owners who don't want to restock too often or if you have multiple large dogs who love bones.
Long-Lasting Meaty Mammoth Marrow Filled Jumbone (1-count)
This jumbone makes the perfect chew toy for large dogs over 50 pounds. It's large enough to last for a long time, even for the most aggressive chewers. It also tastes great for k9s who love beef and is a healthy treat like all the other K9 Connoisseur bones.
Long-Lasting Meaty Mammoth Marrow Filled Bones (16-count)
We love these dog chews because it comes with 16 of them individually wrapped to stay fresh for a long time. K9s drool over them, too, because they're filled with meaty mammoth marrow and have a delicious beef flavor!
What to Look for in Large Dog Bones
While each of these bones is safe, healthy, and delicious, it can be comforting and helpful for pet owners to know exactly what to look for when buying dog chews and treats.
- Healthy ingredients: Avoid bones and treats high in sugar and calories. It's best to opt for single-ingredient treats made of grass-fed animals. Remember that while many labels say "all-natural," they may contain unnecessary or unhealthy ingredients, so always check labels.
- A suitable size: Chews should be bigger than your dog's head so that they aren't able to swallow it whole and potentially choke.
- Appropriate density: While you want your dog bones to be durable, you don't want ones that are so hard that they can damage your dog's teeth.
- Flavor: Of course, you want your pup to be happy. So, go with dog bones that taste good. It's safe to say most dogs drool over beef-flavored food and treats!
What to Avoid in Large Dog Bones
Once you're sure that a bone is healthy, has the right size and density, and has a good flavor, you'll want to make sure you avoid some things.
- Cooked bones: Cooked bones can splinter. Not to mention, raw meat bones hold nutrients better.
- Unhealthy ingredients: While you want to stay away from high sugar and calories, make sure you also avoid artificial flavors, preservatives, and added fillers.
- Rawhide: While these are a popular dog chew, they can be unsafe. Rawhide easily breaks, which can cause choking. They're also difficult to digest and can cause stomach issues.
Large Dog Bones: Final Thoughts
We hope this information on dog bones for large dogs has been helpful for you. And, most importantly we hope you found the perfect dog bone(s) for your pup! K9 Connoisseur bones are healthy, delicious, and safe.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd love to hear from you!