The Best Small Dog Bones of 2023 for a Nutritious Treat
Are you looking for the best small dog bones? You're in luck! In this article, we'll share a nutritious, tasty, and safe dog bone that any small dog and their owner will love.
Below, we'll answer a few common questions about dog bones, tell you which small dog chew is a go-to for 2023, and share reviews.
You might also be interested in reading: No Rawhide Dog Bones: Healthy & Safe Alternatives to Rawhide
Is it ok for small dogs to eat bones?
Absolutely! While small dogs can certainly enjoy bones, you want to wait until your pup has a full set of adult teeth.
You risk damaging your pup's teeth if you offer small dog bones before all adult teeth have grown in. Puppy teeth are also sharp, so there's a chance your dog can break off pieces of the bone, causing a choking hazard.
That said, any size dog can have bones, so long as they have adult teeth and you offer a safe size bone (like the ones we'll share below).
How to pick the best small dog bones?
When choosing a bone for your pup, it's essential to pick it carefully. While bones are a fun treat, there are a few important factors to consider to ensure your pup is safe, happy, and healthy.
Here are a few things to consider when picking dog bones:
- Bone size: You want to opt for bones that are about the size of your dog's head, one that's not too small to fit entirely into your pup's mouth but not too big either.
- Flavor: Of course, you want your k9 to enjoy their bone, so go for a flavor they'll enjoy. Just about any dog drools over beef bones!
- Ingredients: The fewer ingredients, the better. Bones with many ingredients likely contain unhealthy, unsafe, and other unnecessary additives. We always go for single-ingredient bones!
- Quality: The best bones with the highest quality usually contain only natural ingredients and no preservatives and are sourced and made in the United States.
Different Types of Small Dog Bones
The best way to decide what bone is best for your pup is to know the options. Here's a quick rundown of different types of bones:
- Beef Trachea: Trachea chews made from cattle are a healthy and safe treat that offers various benefits.
- Bully Sticks: Bully sticks are popular for dogs. They're usually soft and easily digestible.
- Antlers: These can be suitable for large dogs and aggressive chewers, but chewing time must be minimal since they're hard and can damage teeth.
- Rawhide: Although rawhide is another favorite, it's not necessarily safe. Rawhide is often made from horse or cowhide and can break off and pose a choking hazard.
- Natural bones: Bones that are truly all-natural and made with limited ingredients are the best dog bones. This is what we'll share below!
What bones are good for small dogs?
Our favorite small dog bones are the K9 Connoisseur Natural Meaty Beef Chew Treat Riblets (3-pack of 5 bones). Not only are these bones delicious, but they're entirely healthy and safe for any small dog up to 15 pounds.
The Best Small Dog Bones: Natural Meaty Beef Chew Treat Riblets
K9 Connoisseur Natural Meaty Beef Chew Treat Riblets are the best small dog bones for many reasons:
- 100% natural
- sourced and made in the US
All K9 Connoisseur bones are made from free-range cattle and don't contain any other ingredients. So, you know exactly what you're giving your pup and don't have to worry about any harmful, unhealthy, or unnecessary ingredients.
Although many dog chews are labeled as "all-natural," this can mean many different things, including that they could still contain genetically modified ingredients. However, with K9 Connoisseur treats, you really get all-natural, with no preservatives, artificial flavors, or other additives.
Not only are K9 Connoisseur's small dog bones filled with all the good, healthy stuff, but they're also flavorful. These riblets have a tasty fall-off-the-bone flavor that any small pup drools over.
Many pet owners don't realize just how healthy beef is for dogs. These bones are entirely beef and an excellent source of nutrients like iron, collagen, zinc, and Vitamins C and B12.
Collagen alone offers many health benefits, like improved skin and coat, joint pain relief, and better digestive health.
Zinc is excellent for your dog's immune system, while iron provides energy. Meanwhile, Vitamin C and B12 support your dog's overall well-being and help prevent premature aging.
K9 Connoisseur's dog bones are also low in fat and calories and high in protein, keeping your dog lean and strong.
Sourced and Made in the United States
Have you ever wondered what you're really giving your furry best friend? One way to ensure you're giving the best of the best is knowing exactly where your small dog bones are coming from.
K9 Connoisseur riblets for small dogs are made from grass-fed, free-range cattle born and raised in the US.
Are you tired of giving your dog bones that are gone within minutes or seconds? K9 Connoisseur bones are long-lasting. Each pack has 5 riblets to keep them fresher for longer. You can also freeze them in between sessions for the most freshness.
And unlike bully sticks or other bones that go quick, your small pup can gnaw on these for several chew sessions.
It's important to offer your dog bones that you know are safe, and all K9 Connoisseur bones are. The Natural Meaty Beef Chew Treat Riblets are sized just right for your pup, durable enough not to break off (even for the most aggressive chewers), but not too hard to damage your dog's teeth.
Because K9 Connoisseur bones are durable, they're ideal for aggressive chewers. Whether your pup usually chews up a bone in seconds or is a more gentle chewer, these are a great option.
One reason why these dog bones are a fan favorite is that they're odor free. Pet owners love that they can cuddle up to their pup while they gnaw on these and not smell a foul odor.
Don't take our word it. Check out these fantastic reviews!
The Best Small Dog Bones: Final Thoughts
Finding the best small dog bones can be tricky. You want to ensure they're nutritious, safe, and flavorful. You get exactly that with K9 Connoisseur's Natural Meaty Beef Chew Treat Riblets!
These small dogs have a delicious beef flavor, they're 100% all-natural, they're made with just one ingredient (grass-fed cattle), and dogs and their owners love them.